Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I start reading the bible from Genesis to Revealation

Today is the third day i read the Bible. My first day plan was to finish reading bible from genesis to revealation. But i got bored and many verse was skipped until i reached the book of Deutronomy. I read every verses from the book of Deutronomy.

When i am writting this post, i have just read Deutronomy verse 21-25. There are a couple of special chapters since i read the book of Deutronomy. 

Deutronomy 8:1
"He humbled you, coausing you to hunger and feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of ELOHIM" 

I remembered the last sentence of this chapter. I was said by Yeshua when He was tempted by devil in the dessert. The devil tempted Him to change a stone into a bread. At that time, Yeshua was on 40 days 40 nigts fasting and He was very hungry. At the end of the first temptation, Yeshua use the word of God to encounter the devil. He said "there is written that human doesnt live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of Elohim. At the moment i read that verse, i was wondering, where exactly in the bible Yeshua quote the written words from. Eventually, i found it when i read the book of deutronomy. Hmm, I am wondering what else can i get by continuing reading the bible. Thanks God.

Deutronomy 12:23
"But be sure you do not eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the meat"

This verse reminded me about couple years ago when i was in bataknese traditional ceremony. It was a feast and the host started to share the meat. The meat which was pork, was shared in to 2 type; with blood (margota) and blood free (na so margota). The blood free meat was for the guest from baptist church denomination. I heard that they dont eat blood. I was wondering why they dont eat blood and what chapter used from the bible. Now i know why they did it. Thanks God.

Deuteronomy 26:1
"When you have entered the land the Elohim your God is giving you as an inheritance and have taken possession of it and settled in it, take some of the firstfruits of all that you produce from the soil of the land Elohim your God is giving you and put them in a basket. Then go to the place Elohim your God will choose as a dwelling for his Name; YHWH."

It was like Elohim talks to me about the land He promised. I believe the land is Kuwait, the land where i have prayed for a year.  Now, I am waiting my visa to Kuwait (where also my wife has been working there for almost 4 years). But the point that come to be the highlight is the firstfruit. It was like Elohim reminds me from this chapter that the time i get there (the promised land - Kuwait), i have to remember to give back the firstfruit. The firstfruit talks about the first salary i get from the promised land, Kuwait. I will pray Elohim to give me the power to do what Elohim has taught me from this chapter, HaleluYAH.

Deuteronomy 23:14
"For Elohim your God moves about in your camp to protect you and to deliver your enemies to you. Your camp must be holy, so that Elohim will not see among you anything indecent and turn away from you."

This verse taught me about how i have to be holy. Camp means what is inside my heart. If i dont take care my heart, it is hard for Elohim to come in to and bless my life. I remember a verse from new testament that said "be holy because Elohim is holy. I realize that i have to guard my heart, fix my life, and be holy. Thx Lord.

No comments: